I hope those of you that have been following our trip through the Southern States have enjoyed the blog. Apologies for not keeping it as up to date as I would have liked but some nights I was just too tired to type!
We travelled some 1530 miles in 10 days.
Some of you may have noticed that each blog had a musical reference as a title.
I tried to make them relevant to where we were, what we were doing or where we were going. If you couldn't get them all as my music tastes are sometimes a bit obscure, here goes:
Friday On My Mind......................................................Easybeats
Up, Up and Away..........................................................5th Dimension
Throwing It All Away...................................................Genesis
I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing...........................The New Seekers
Riders On The Storm....................................................The Doors
City Of New Orleans....................................................Arlo Guthrie
C'mon Take Me To The Mardi Gras.............................Paul Simon
There's A Porch Swing In Tupelo.................................Elton John
Highway 61...................................................................Bob Dylan
Walking In Memphis.....................................................Marc Cohn
Nashville Cats...............................................................The Lovin' Spoonful
I Washed My Hands In Muddy Water...........................Elvis Presley
Georgia On My Mind....................................................Ray Charles
Leaving On A Jet Plane.................................................Peter, Paul and Mary
Listen To The Music.....................................................The Doobie Brothers
Each time I hear one of these songs in the future it'll always remind me of our great trip. This was a tour based on some of the main areas that have influenced and made music into what we have today.
Jazz in New Orleans, Blues in Clarksdale and Memphis, Rock and Roll and Soul in Memphis, Country in Nashville.
The night in Clarksdale was special, it was my birthday and we heard some pretty special music that night. The tour of Sun studios was great, to be in the same room as where Elvis recorded "That's Alright Mama" and what followed was spine chilling.
Hope you all enjoyed reading the blog as much as Sandra an I had in doing the trip!!!
Bye y'all!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment